Thursday 20 June 2013

Not things with stuff...

So right now I'm not at all happy with the way my placement is going.  I understand that IBM is a massive company and that the systems in place are complicated... but I haven't done anything.  Literally no work since I started.

As much as I hate to trot out something that's a cliché among gamers these days... I didn't sign up for this.  I have learned exactly nothing since I joined and that's the reason I signed on with the whole Year In Industry thing; to learn.  That's what I do these days: I learn.  That's what I want to do, it's what I've spent the past couple of years doing... right now IBM isn't helping.  I've been told a bunch of stuff about the way the JRE testing system exclusive to IBM's internals works and nothing else...

I don't want to quit, that would be stupid right now but I can't see myself doing what I actually want to do in this team.  I'll give it some time and see if anything changes but for now...

Unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment