Monday 21 October 2013

Feedbackings and team leadings

So two things happened today that are truly of note:

Firstly: it's time for performance reviews.  I have to review myself with both a score and evidence of why I deserve such a score, which will then be examined by my Task Manager and PDM.  Frankly I wouldn't mind much at all but it's all wrapped up in this corporate culture again and I hate that.  Mainly because I don't think I'm going to do very well by their metrics despite the fact that I do my job pretty well for the most part.

Secondly: because I've been around on the games development giveback project for pretty much the longest apart from the graduate who's overseeing the whole thing, I've pretty much been made the team lead.  This is big if you ask me.  I'm scared to be honest, last time I was even close to being a team lead on a project it went horribly... time to make it good I guess.


Oh and on another note... it has now been a week since I half-broke one of our servers.  It still hasn't been fixed.  Just as well that half isn't very important.  I guess that's noteworthy as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment